This salad makes the perfect pre-winter starter or lunch. I combine crunchy raw kale with creamy maple-mustard dressing and tangy wild cranberries for a flavourful but ultra-simple dish. If you can’t get your hands on dried cranberries, simply dry regular cranberries in the oven on very low heat for a few hours. Enjoy!
• a bunch of kale, stems removed, thinly sliced
• 15 Brussels sprouts
• handful of dried cranberries
• pinch sea salt
Bring a small pot of water to a boil and blanch the Brussels sprouts for one minute.
Transfer them to ice cold water. Pick as much leaves of the Brussels sprouts as you can, and thin slice the rest.
In a large salad bowl, mix the kale, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, salt, and the dressing.
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 small shallot, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Mix all ingredients in a jar.